Who We Are
McCann Consulting Ltd had its genesis in 1992 – with the creation of NAVIGATE International Limited – co-founded by Jane McCann and Carolyn Lane. In 2010, after Carolyn retired Janeestablished McCann Consulting Ltd specialising in the development of Top Teams, their impact, their performance and their careers.
We all stand on the shoulders of the women and men who walked with us or went before us, colleagues, friends, partners and professors. I’d like to pay respect to those who’ve taught me so much. To tangata whenua colleagues and co-facilitators over many years …. Bobby Bryan, Irihapeti Ramsden, Hariata Hema, Lois Meneer, and Rob Handyside. To my Leadership Development Centre provider panel colleagues: Ali Tocker, Digby Scott, Jenny and Jenny McDonald. A special thanks for tireless work of my colleagues Mary Anne Boyd, Bob Dearden & Brian Lewis & Jane Bryson in the Health Services Management Development Unit and Management Consortium.
To visiting thinkers who came for short stays to Aotearoa, and who literally went bush with us to share their cultural perspectives and wisdom: Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Henry Mintzberg, Meg Wheatley, Charles & Elizabeth Handy, Peter Senge, Roger Kaufman, Adam Kahane and LeAnne Grillo. Also to the inspiring and spiritual work of Otto Scharma, Jennifer Garvey Berger, Peter Block, Jim Collins and the Dans : Pink, Goleman and Kahneman. Most importantly to my long standing business partner in NAVIGATE the wise and wonderful Carolyn Lane.
Jane McCann, MBS, Dip Business Admin (HR), BBS. Fellow NZIM, Chartered Member HRINZ, Member IoD.
Jane is a specialist in team dynamics (social psychology) and systems thinking. Her HR and OD/change management roles over 30 years within the health and public sectors lead to her to replicate, then extend Henry Mintzberg’s CE observational methodology (recently validated by Michael Porter) to observe and then coach executive teams in action. See What we’re thinking for more on How Kiwi CEs lead.
Requests to work with Chief Executives and their teams come to her when satisfied customers talk. These requests come - before or after reviews, when teams are forming or reforming; where trust needs rebuilding; when increasing engagement is wanted, or with forward movement when there is an issue between the governance and management teams.
Jane brings the value of being accredited in Lominger Competencies, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Team Management, Hogan Assessment Systems, and Neuro-Linguistic Programming. With the experience in these disciplines she is an accredited member of the Executive Coaching Panel of the Leadership Development Centre (LDC).
Contact Jane by Telephone: +64 29 721 7210; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby Bryan, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), With Distinction.
Ko Hikurangi te maunga
Ko Waiapu te awa
Ko Ngati Porou te iwi
Ko Jim Bryan raua ko Louisa Burns oku matua
Ko Karmen Watene taku wahine
Ko Luke, Rebecca, Robert ratou ko Awatea aku tamariki
Ko Bobby Bryan ahau
Bobby blends general management experience with governance, policy, regulatory and consultancy. His unique skills are based on his core values of:
This is done by acknowledging all the mana of a situation, yours and ours. We will work with you to ensure the outcome desired, required and aspired to, is achieved. This will be done in the most effective and efficient way possible. We transfer our skills to your teams and leave them with tangible resources to use when we’ve finished.
Bobby is accredited and applies practical knowledge to psychometric instruments including the team management profile and neurolinguistics.
Bobby Bryan’s consultancy assignments include:
- Delivery of team change, management and leadership skills
- Performance management skills training
- Facilitation of stakeholders and leadership development
- Leadership development and coaching 1-1 and group
- Organisational analysis and strategic planning
- World Café Conversations - asking the ‘tough questions’ to get results
- Accelerating teams from the forming through storming to the high performing stage to
- Facilitation of small and large group meetings to design, develop, deliver and get systems-wide ownership to sector or organisational strategies.
- Organisational Analysis and Strategic Planning – (using Mason Durie’s the Te Whare Tapa Wha model, and narrative processes)
- Leadership/Management Development – in-house or public leadership programmes with Jane McCann – offering Maori and Western paradigms of leadership
- Employee engagement – specifically creating Maori responsive organisations
- Relationship and sector stakeholder management and engagement
- Cross Cultural Understanding and Practice, including Treaty of Waitangi workshops
- Rights based practice processes, particularly in managing and addressing inequities
- This is done by applying a simple philosophy of ensuring that any provided service leaves you, our client, the organisation, the staff and ourselves feeling informed, enriched, enthused, energised, confident and satisfied.
Bobby Bryan’s consultancy practice is based onculture and communities.
With a strong passion to change the world in positive ways, making it a better place for us all.
Contact Bobby by Telephone: +64 22 432 1765; Email: email@example.com